Saturday, December 31, 2016

My 2017 Reading Challenge

Hey everyone, Laura here.

So, most of you might not know this but I need to get surgery on the ligaments in my right ankle either in January or super early February.  ::Cries hysterically off to side.  Sniffling and wiping face::

However, the good news about this is MY READING CHALLENGE!!!

Okay, so not only is the surgery happening, but I also graduated this semester and have absolutely nothing to do until this whole nonsense is over with and I can look for a job without hobbling everywhere.

So I have nothing to do.

At all.

I'm not sure if that's a blessing or a curse, but I DO know that I will be taking advantage of it.

Now that that's over with, let me talk to you about my reading challenge.

My goal, which is not only huge and (sort of) realistic, but is also the largest goal I've ever set for myself is this: I will read 200 books in the year of 2017.

I know.  Crazy huh?

And of COURSE I'll review all of them.  Even if you don't want me to.  Because I want to.  And your opinion goes unheard of and unanswered because you don't even talk to me.  You could always suggest a book for me to read and review next but, again, no comments, no changes.

Yeah.

That's all on you, buddy.

But so far my challenge is this: fairy tale/classic literature/mythology retellings are going to be my main focus from January until April.  Which means I'll probably be both sick of them and super critical by the end of it.  And it'll be absolutely wonderful!  (I've already decided my first book but you'll have to wait until the review to know!)

Of course, with the retellings ending in April, May is going to be MONSTER GIRLS.  Yup that's right!  Any female in a book that is either a monster that can change shape, a creepy vampire, even an evil spirit is going to be looked at during this month.

Monster girls will be awesome, but June is my birthday month.  So naturally this month's theme is Werewolves (and shape shifters, but not like the monsterous girls from last month).  I'm super psyched for werewolves, if I may say so.

But even more so is my July theme which is Djinn and Dragons.  Now, unfortunately there aren't too many books about these two categories (that I own and can think of off the top of my head) and so the other half of this month involves me going back and reading any books I missed from the month's lists before this.  So that's super exciting.

August is officially the month for Sci-Fi.  AMAZINGGGGGGGG.  I can't wait for some of these reads (including a re-read of my favorite sci-fi YA series which will only be revealed when I review it!).

Now, September is super close to Halloween, and so the theme will be ghosts and witches.  Which is totally insane.  And considering that the (wonderful and amazing) boyfried picked me up a copy of "How to Hang a Witch" by Adriana Mather for Christmas, I'll actually get the chance to read it then!

October is one of my favorite months because of Halloween, my second favorite holiday.  So the theme is, of course, the Paranormal.  This is going to be super fun and cliche, which makes it even better.
**If anyone has awesome creeptastic YA or NA novels to suggest then please do so!**

November is the last month with an official list and theme, which is series.  Any series that I may have started but never finished will get re-read and read throughout the month.  So I have several series that I haven't finished yet.  WHATEVER SHALL I DO?
I will read the entire series.
In one month.
So there will be multiple series that I will get the chance to finally finish.

Huzzah!

December, much like the second half of July, is going to be a chance for me to catch up on books that I haven't gotten the chance to read yet over the last few months, including books that are coming out in 2017 (which, trust me, I've got my list of those!).

Either way, this is going to be a super fun year of reading.  I can't wait to get through these books and share with you my thoughts.

I hope everyone had an amazing time during the holidays and got a chance to spend time with their loved ones.

Now it's back to business and stopping slacking off.  On my part.

You don't have to.

Or you may.

I don't know, maybe I motivate you to sit your butt down and read.  Or maybe you hate me and I motivate you to stop spending time on your computer.  Either way, I look forward to my reading challenge and I hope to hear if some of you decide to do it with me!

My first book for January is....

::insert drum roll and party poppers and confetti::

"Stung" by Bethany Wiggins!

::Crazy screaming from around the world as I hold up the book like Simba::

Well, I hope everyone has a Happy New Year!

I will see you guys in the next day or so!!

Ta-ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment